9. My camera can be ______ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A. treated B. adopted C. adjusted D. reminded
10. The experiment has ______ the possibility of the existence of any life on that planet, but it does not mean there is no life on other planets.
A. found out B. pointed out C. ruled out D. carried out
11. It seems that living green is ______ easy and affordable. A small step makes a big difference.
A. exactly B. fortunately C. surprisingly D. hardly
12. Frank put the mediocre in the top drawer to make sure it would not be _______ to the kids.
A. accessible B. relative C. acceptable D. sensitive
13. We volunteered to collect money to help the ______ of the tsunami.
A. victims B. folks C. fellows D. villagers
14. Thanks to the modern electrical ______, housework nowadays has been made easier and easier.
A. facilities B. instruments C. appliances D. tools
15. After that, he knew he could ______ any emergency by doing what he could to the best of his ability.
A. get away with B. get on with C.get through D. get across
16. No matter how low you consider yourself, there is always someone ______ you wishing they were that high.
A. getting rid of B. getting along with
C. looking up to D. looking down upon