1. If you come across any errors in the article during proofreading, please report _____ to the managing editor.
A. it B. itself C. them D. themselves
2. The company’s new headquarters office based at Canary Wharf is _______ larger than the old one.
A. considerably B. notoriously C. additionally D. optionally
3. Despite numerous delays and problems in training the kitchen staff, the restaurant opened on schedule and received _______ positive reviews from critics.
A. surprise B. surprisingly C. surprised D. surprises
4. _______ the poor weather conditions, the airport authorities were not canceling or delaying any outgoing flights.
A. Despite B. Apart C. Aside D. Around
5. The Hannaford Holding Firm _______ last week that it will not meet its earnings quota for the next quarter.
A. announces B. is announced
C. announced D. was announced
6. Mr. Lucci submitted a _______ for his team’s members to be given a small raise in salary because of their excellent work on the merger.
A. recommendation B. cooperation
C. formation D. continuation
7. The computer centre, ______ last year, is very popular among the students in this school.
A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened
8. The famous musician, as well as his students, ____ to perform at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Taipei Flower Expo.
A. were invited B. was invited
C. have been invited D. has been invited
9. The textbook question as well as other issues is going to be discussed when the congress in _______ again next spring.
A. assembly B. convention C. conference D. session
10. He wasn’t appointed chairman of the committee, _______ not very popular with all its members.
A. to be considered B. considering
C. being considered D. having considered