1. The European Union countries were once worried that they would not have ______ supplies of petroleum.
A. proficient B. efficient C. potential D. sufficient
2. The man to whom we handed the forms pointed out that they had not been ______ filled in.
A. consequently B. regularly C. comprehensively D. properly
3. Tyron was extremely angry, but cool-headed enough to ______ storming into the boss's office.
A. prevent B. prohibit C. restrict D. avoid
4. ______ donated the prizes handed out on the first evening to children participating in the History of Montville Quiz.
A. They B. Theirs C. Some D. What
5. If you are going through a financial crisis, one ______ to get the money you need is a loan.
A. motivation B. selection C. objective D. alternative