1. The much-loved poet's words could ______ be heard above the sound of thunderous applause.
A. nearly B. barely C. sparsely D. singly
2. The owner and editor of the newspaper ______ the conference.
A. were attending B. were to attend C. is to attend D. are to attend
3. Our company prides itself on making many special recreational and educational programs ______ to its workers.
A. presentable B. reachable C. available D. enjoyable
4. The experiment has ______ the possibility of the existence of any life on that planet, but it does not mean there is no life on other planets.
A. found out B. pointed out
C. ruled out D. carried out
5. I was impressed _______ the efficiency of the work done in the company.
A. in B. about C. with D. for