36. Parking is prohibited in areas marked for emergency use, and drivers who park their vehicles in these zones are ______ to substantial fines.
A. subject B. subjecting C. subjection D. subjections
37. According to the proposal, a large block of rooms in the east wing of the new building will be ______ for storage.
A. designated B. detained C. reciprocated D. signified
38. ______ of homegrown and organic fruits and vegetables, as well as handmade crafts and jewelry, are available for purchase at the Springdale community market.
A. Varies B. Variant C. Varieties D. Various
39. The research and development division at Spiridon Biometrics has improved the quality and scope of its products under Ms. Chang’s ______.
A. disposal B. direction C. prominence D. capacity
40. Customers concerned about ______ utility rate increases will be given the option of prepaying for three months of service at today’s rate.
A. considerate B. instructive C. probable D. expended